Watch basic concepts come to life in this course, a comprehensive synthesis of core project management principles designed to reinforce skills learned throughout the core curriculum. Whether you attend the classroom or online course, you will work in teams to complete an extensive, realistic, project case study.
You’ll propose, plan and execute a full-scale project under typical organizational constraints. Follow your project through the life cycle, resolving issues of performance, scheduling and control as you address questions of leadership and management. Each team member will take a turn as project manager, defining objectives and performing tasks and producing deliverables critical to the project’s success.
Confirm your mastery of the core principles of project management in this experiential course and gain the hands-on confidence to practice new skills in your organization.
Bring to class: a calculator (online and classroom) and a laptop computer (classroom), if you have one.
Reminder: This practice-based course integrates the knowledge, skills and competencies that are gained in the other core project management courses. Having a foundation in industry standard project management practices is a vital component to your success in this course. Typically, this can be achieved by completing at least four TwentyEighty Strategy Execution project management courses.
- Select the level of staffing, resources, and management support required for a project
- Assemble a project team and gain commitment on project objectives
- Assign tasks based on work breakdown structure
- Estimate time and costs and present a project plan to team members and stakeholders
- Create a project binder documenting each stage of the project and lessons learned
This course uses digital materials.
- Lessons learned
- Revenue enhancement
- Measuring performance
- Managing risk and uncertainty
- Reporting progress and following up
- Managing change and achieving project control
- Leveling resources
- Four steps of prenegotiation preparation
- Negotiation performance
- Exploratory session
- Joint-gain resolution
- Postnegotiation activity
- Memoranda and documentation
- Project kickoff meeting
- Principal points
- Detailed project planning
Preproposal Analysis and Planning
- Analyzing the market
- Assessing risk
- Building the team and reviewing roles
- Developing a plan to complete the proposal
Proposal Kickoff and Preparation
- Evaluating the requirement
- Evaluating bid contracts
- Obtaining the team’s commitment
- Writing the winning proposal
- Delegating to team members
- Managing time constraints
- Project assignment
- Initial project assessment
- Team ownership
- Organizational assessment: working with what you have
- Management support
- Options assessment
- Preemptive troubleshooting
- Historical review