Do you find yourself with too little time—and with too few capable resources to do the work that needs to be done? Are resource or performance issues creating roadblocks or other's success? Imagine if you could apply proven techniques to assign work successfully and achieve the results you want— with the colleagues in the office, or around the world.
This course teaches you how to apply a powerful behavioral model to improve the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of your coaching and mentoring with lasting results. Through practical exercises, group discussion and case studies, you will acquire the skills and tools you need to determine what work can be allocated and to whom based on current performance levels. You’ll also learn how to assign the work with improved clarity and efficiency, establishing a strong foundation for success.
As a participant, you will gain techniques for assigning work with the appropriate level of detail and guiding others’ progress on the work assigned with suitable style and frequency. You’ll also learn how to evaluate results of the finished work and to provide focused feedback that helps improve or sustain performance in the future.
During class, you'll assess your own coaching style and learn how to leverage that style. You will learn how to leverage that style more effectively deal with the typical and very challenging realities faced by coaches and managers in all types of organizations. And, you will also have opportunities to assess and discuss your own real-life coaching issues in a practical, highly engaging and thought-provoking environment. You will leave this course with a structured approach for improving the performance of others— and a cache of techniques that will make you a more effective coach and mentor.
- Effectively assign and guide progress on work
- Provide focused feedback to sustain or improve future performance
- Handle difficult performance issues
- Use essential skills for getting better results in coaching situations
- Apply a structured coaching and mentoring model to guide you through the coaching process
- Apply techniques for evaluating impact, including your own
- Assess and improve the current performance of others
- Benefits of coaching
- Impact of coaching
- TwentyEighty Strategy Execution's Mindset Model
- Coaching Statement of Purpose
- Coaching and mentoring
Coaching and Mentoring Model
- Determining the appropriate style
- Coaching styles
- Coaching actions
Preparing to Coach
- Assessing personal coaching style
- Assessing learning styles
- Setting expectations
- Creating a plan
- Aligning coaching style with performance level
- Delegating tasks
- Guiding performance
- Evaluating performance
- Providing feedback
- Handling performance problems effectively
Job and Career Coaching
- What’s the difference?
- Job proficiency and job mastery
- Techniques to manage performance