This course helps attendees develop effective measures for scheduling and controlling projects by putting the tools of project management to work. The focus is on managing the constraints faced on any project: limits on time, human resources, materials, budget and specifications, and provides proven ways to work within identified constraints, without letting predefined limits curtail creativity or innovation.
Delegates receive hands-on experience for practicing their skills in building project requirements and the work breakdown structure.They learn a sound, logical framework for scheduling and controlling project activities and master techniques for estimating, forecasting, budgeting, monitoring, controlling, analysing and reporting costs and interpreting the meaning of earned-value data.
Individual and small-group exercises feature scenarios that help hone these skills and a comprehensive toolkit provides practical field guidance. The course materials also include comprehensive reference materials specific to each unit of the course.
Through a number of sophisticated tools and techniques that can be used to manage time and costs effectively on every type of project, this is one of the programme’s most popular courses.
Participants in this course will receive our Earned Valued Formula Finder, which puts the information needed to determine cost, schedule, estimate at completion and estimate to complete values for projects right at their fingertips.
- Use the work breakdown structure to develop a network diagram
- Calculate schedules using PERT/CPM
- Identify, assign, and tabulate resource requirements
- Predict costs and work time using specific levels and estimate types
- Plan for contingencies and anticipate variations
- Predict future project performance based on historical data
- Monitor changes and close out projects on time